With the 2019 season fast approaching, we are seeking Youth Players, over the age of 12, who are interested in becoming, or continuing as, Cadet Referees.
Gosford City FC’s Cadet Referee Program:
• Our Cadet Referee Program is open to players who have reached the age of 12.
• Cadet Referees will be introduced to refereeing through officiating MiniRoos (u5-u9) fixtures held on Saturdays during the 2019 Winter Football Competition at Gavenlock Oval.
• Cadet Referees will be rostered at least ONE week prior to game.
• As most Cadet Referees also play in their own teams, we understand you may not be able to referee every week
• Cadet Referees are paid from $6 to $10 a game, depending on the age group refereed.
• All Cadet Referees will be provided with a set of rules and helped along in the learning process by our Cadet Referee Co-ordinator.
• We will hold an information and training session on Wednesday 6th March at 6:30pm at Narara Valley High School to answer any questions you may have as well as assess competency levels.
• Cadets will be required to complete the “Laws of The Game” Certificate at https://www.playfootball.com.au/referee/laws-of-the-game This certificate is FREE to complete.
We are also looking for Adult Volunteer Helpers to assist in supervision. Adult Volunteer Helpers help to keep an eye on the games to ensure our Cadets Referees are treated respectfully at all times.
- Wed 6th March at 6:30pm – Information and Training Session – Narara Valley High School
- Sat 9th March – Junior & Youth Trial games – Narara Valley High School, times TBA
- Sat 16th March – Junior & Youth Trial games – Narara Valley High School, times TBA
- Sat 23rd March – Junior & Youth Trial games – Narara Valley High School, times TBA
- Sat 6th April – Season commences